Wordpress has many options for enabling notification bars for the use of temporary messages, public notices, flash sales and cookie notices you want to make stand out on your website. Because of the ease of use, my preferred plugin is Apex Notification Bar. It works great with the Divi wordpress theme and most any wordpress theme available.
This tutorial is going to be very helpful for those businesses affected by Coronavirus and government shutdowns. Implementing a notice on your website will help keep your customers aware of your business activities during these uncertain times.
- After logging into your wordpress website, navigate to the plugins tab on the left.
- Click add new, search for Apex Notification Bar
- After installing and activating the plugin, navigate to the new tab labeled Apex Notifications on the left
- Under general settings, enable the notification for both desktop and mobile
- Under component settings, choose your bar layout color styles or customize the colors
- Under component setup, add your message that you want to display for visitors
- Choose whether you want to display a button for further information
- Click save and check your website!
Note: If you use Divi theme and you notice the message not appearing at the top of the site, disable your fixed header in your theme options to avoid conflicts during implementation.
HOW TO CREATE A NOTICE ON YOUR WEBSITE TO ALERT VISITORS OF YOUR CHANGED ACTIVITIES
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR HOURS ON GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
Included in the video above is a quick overview of changing your hours in your Google my Business listing. Many businesses have been subject to being forced to change hours and change business activities. As you notice in the photo, you can easily change your hours in the INFO tab on the left and scroll down. Don’t forget you can post an update of activity under the POSTS tab.