GoDaddy has recently created a more optimized and controlled server for WordPress hosting. This is called their “Managed WordPress Hosting”. Keep in mind this is much different from the standard Linux hosting in which you can personally install WordPress yourself.
Managed WordPress Hosting by GoDaddy has some awesome benefits, and limitations. It’s pretty much built for the average Joe and not a professional WordPress designer. Managed WordPress Hosting is pre-installed for you without access to a control panel.
Managed Worpdress Benefits
- Performance-enhancing caching
- Automatic updates through WordPress’ built-in functionality
- A plugin blacklist to make sure you don’t inadvertently install website-damaging plugins
- The latest version of WordPress automatically installed in the root directory
- sFTP and phpMyAdmin access
- Does not support SSLs
- Its hosting back-end does not come with a control panel, so tools like Cron jobs are not available
- We disable the built-in CSS editor by default
- You cannot install a number of blacklisted plugins known to harm your site (more info) — yes, this is the same blacklist we mention in the Feature section
I’ve been using super cache and total cache for years as recommended by tons of WordPress professionals. Granted, I know some of the banned plugins are spammy and notorious for being hacked, but It still have great success using a lot of these blacklisted plugins on lots of client website designs as well as my own. So unless the WordPress professionals change, I won’t be worrying about it. That’s why we keep backups!
Blacklisted Plugins by GoDaddy