Have you ever wanted to support your local black owned businesses but didn’t know where to look? Well guess what? Google has implemented a feature that let’s you identify just that.
All you have to do is Google “Black owned businesses near me” and you’ll see a large list of businesses who have already identified themselves as blacked owned.
How to Identify as a blacked owned business
Do you have a business and want to know how to identify yourself online as being a black owned company in the Google business listings?
1. First make sure you’ve claimed your business inside https://business.google.com/. After you’ve successfully claimed your business you’ll have the ability to make custom edits to your listing. If you never made one, I have a full tutorial that shows you how to properly create a Google Business Account.
2. After you are logged into the Google Business Dashboard, In the left hand menu column navigate to the ‘Info’ tab.
3. Scroll down past the services and you’ll notice the “From the business” section.
4. Choose the option “identify as black owned” from the list. After a few days of review from Google, you should see the update in Google listings.
Now when people search for ‘black owned businesses near me” your business should be included in that list! You’ll notice with the naked eye by seeing the cute little red circle that has a black heart inside of it.
It’s also great for SEO as it’s another way for your business to gain exposure online and stand out amongst the competition. If you would like to learn more about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) you can read lots of articles on SEO I’ve written in the past 10 years with my experience.
If you happen to also be a women owned company, this is another great opportunity to come up for “woman owned businesses near me“.
Black Owned Businesses In Spokane
I’d like to pay homage to my local black businesses by highlighting some nicely designed and/or clean websites I found from our black community here in Spokane, WA.
- A Man & A Truck (Junk Hauling Specialist) This website is super clean and easy to navigate. It’s got a great color scheme and has a classy feel. It gets right to the point in showing many pictures of the work they can do for you.
- Jade Adair Real Estate (Local Real Estate Agent) This is another clean and classy website for a black owned real estate agent in spokane. If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Spokane area and would like Jade to represent your family, please visit her site and get in contact with her. Don’t forget, she’s women owned too!
- Labrina Winfrey is not just a local Realtor in Spokane, but she’s also an incredible interior decorator. This website utilizes a beautiful black and white design.
- Jerameaty’s might not boast a beautiful web design, but it sure doesn’t matter once you notice the food this man can cook. One look at that chicken and those sauces and you’ll want to know how you get a hold of him so you can savor some of that great black owned local sauce. It appears he sells his delectable looking sauces on his Facebook Page.
- CHKN-N-MO Spokane has been a favorite place of mine to indulge myself in southern cooked greens, fried chicken and catfish. I couldn’t leave them out of my list and I’ve always noticed that they knew the importance of beautiful web design.
- Body By Biju is a website owned by a black skinned man of Indian Descent. Biju is one of the best personal trainers in Spokane. He was once Mr. Universe and he’s local here in Spokane, and you know this website is nice BECAUSE I MADE IT 🙂
Thank you for this! I will make the change ASAP!